Sunday, February 22, 2015

Celebrating 10



I have officially hit the dieci mark...10 years for Laura Fair and for Italy.  Really hard to believe.  I have been thinking about this all morning on this strange, slightly foggy Sunday.  I thought I might start a little 10 things series.  At the risk of giving you too much information, apropos to start with 10 things about me, right?

1   I cannot live without the sun…I believe a sunny day can solve all the world’s problems.
2   A dermatologist here in Italy told me I was probably not meant to live here with my skin...she then told me I wear too much sunscreen.
3   I embraced walking only because the landscape calls me to be outside, but have happily found so many other benefits.
4   I waste entirely too much time looking out my window…I am simply captivated by the view.
5   I see patterns and color schemes everywhere...the urge to design never quits.
6   In the winter I spend my days building and stoking fires and my summer is spent with shutters closed in the dark (that is, if I am not swimming in the pool).
7   I do sometimes dream in Italian…and I find I am pretty well versed.
8   Ciccia Maria will always be my first but, she now shares me with the cat, Gatto Matto Leo, and five other dogs Georgia, Giulia, G Dino, Birba, and Anya.
9   I was emphatic about not spending my life with an Italian, funny how our minds can change…now I have Dino and cannot imagine a life without him.
10  I love how balancing my feet on two continents can make me feel grounded at the same time.

4 comments:

Jonell Beckum said...

Beautiful.

suzanne said...

a beautiful perspective and life you have created! xo

betsy said...

I can see how that view never gets old. Congratulations on 10 years of Laura Fair and Italy and best wishes for many, many more (with lots of US trips included, of course)!

betsy said...

I love you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...